- Set tools and objectives for department or unit.
- Develop budgets and ensure department adheres to it.
- Participate in developing policies and procedures.
- Manage staff.
- Hire, train, and terminate workers as needed.
- Determine salary brackets.
- Handle employee relations.
- Attend and preside over meetings.
- Maintain employee records.
- Manage and direct overall operations.
- Set goals for each department.
- Clearly communicate goals to department heads.
- Measure the success of each department.
- Manage support staff.
- Delegate responsibility.
- Generate and present reports on departmental goals.
- Participate in seminars and conferences.
- Motivate and encourage employees.
- Participate in lead generation and business development.
- Ensure high customer and client satisfaction.
- Solicit customer feedback.
- Ensure inventory is stocked and consistently replenished.
- Promote company’s mission and values.
- Set district and regional goals.
- Improve equipment availability to support timely achievement of processing schedules and devise measures to achieve and sustain target production efficiencies
- To manage the provision of services, (engineering, utilities, environmental health & safety, facilities, Indirects Procurement) in a controlled manner so that the department meets its objectives while the site receives uninterrupted service
- Effectively manages the department’s expenditure and assets within the agreed budget
- Lead maintenance, annual overhaul and modification projects of plant and quality control equipment to guarantee attainment of consistent optimum productivity and quality product
- Energy management; to act as a consultant to all internal departments regarding proactive management of energy consumption
- To identify the future business and capex requirements and ensure these are agreed and included in the Company plan in a timely way
- Ensure satisfactory completion of projects within agreed budget, to agreed time schedules and to agreed specification
- Overall responsibility (technical) for the site in terms of technical standards, alignment with Regional/ Global operations, compliance with local legal obligations
- To champion environmental health & safety activities and standards, and to support the factory in achieving high safety standards
- To maintain a professional and well-motivated team, ensuring appropriate training and development to ensure succession for all key positions. And to promote coaching and champion people development so that is taken up at all levels of the organization – ensuring a self-sustaining organization
- To engender of a culture of Openness, supported by Change management principles – so the organization is prepared for change and innovation
- To roll out and communicate that aligned vision, so that people are engaged and inspired (using the Line of Sight process)
- To champion the one business unit, ways of working and to provide leadership to the team and support the above-factory collaborative processes.
• Develop electrical distribution systems for large industrial applications and plans these systems using recognized industry standards and specifications.
• Perform system calculations and studies for electrical power systems – load flow, voltage drop, motor starting, short circuit studies, and relay coordination studies.
• Develop test requirements and assist in electrical equipment checkout and startup.
• Review and check all assigned project electrical installation drawings for compliance with all company and project instructions (One-line diagrams, electrical equipment location drawings, plan drawings, details, schematics, wiring diagrams, etc.) of technical vendor submittals for installation requirements
. • Develop technical bid tabulation to support the selection of major electrical equipment
• Assist in the development of project schedules and manpower requirements.
• Review and checking of technical vendor submiions for installation requirements. .